WHAT DOES YOUR INNER LANDSCAPE REVEAL?
If you had the ability to SEE inside of yourself, would you?
The natural world is a powerful teacher and has the capacity to reveal to us our very own true nature. Visualizing your 'inner landscape' is a tool that can help you reflect and connect inwards to 'see' and interpret the bigger picture of what is going on deep inside of you. This visualization serves as a representation of your state of emotions and current location on your journey as a physical landscape.
You may find the process of creating an inner landscape to be very meditative; feeling the creation move through you as you access your subconscious and then reflect on your piece after completion. On the other hand you may have a very engaged experience as you actively and consciously explore your inner landscape and how best to represent it.
What would your inner landscape look like? Which season are you in? How's the weather? What colours do you see? Is the environment harsh and desolate or thriving and abundant? Which of the natural elements appear? What is the topography like?
What does your inner landscape reveal? In my creation I intuitively placed the landscapes over top of my image to cover it up however the clues became more clear to me once I combined my inner + outer landscape images. Only you can best know how to interpret your inner landscape and these guiding questions should get you started: Is there any overwhelming landscape? What does the location of the placement of the landscape onto the physical body imply (example: on your eyes vs. heart. vs. mouth)? What would have to change in your life for your inner landscape to look the way you would WANT it to versus the way it does look. What aspect of your life is the landscape reflecting?
Details of my inner landscape:
- Sunlight: third eye energy, intuition, vision, insightful, clear, awareness, big picture, brighten, shining, potential, possibility, ideas. My vision for Court Outdoors has very recently become incredibly clear after many months of ideas surfacing but with an innate knowing that there were still more pieces to come... & now to shine. (A small speck of sunlight was coming through onto my table to create the beautiful glowing star effect on my landscape)
>> Third eye chakra blessing: may you understand your true nature.
- Rough waters and jagged shoreline: rocky, waves, rain -- There are areas of my life which need tending to for sunny skies, calm waters and smooth shore.
- Lush greenery: vibrant, healthy, thriving, abundant -- Focused and intentional energy yields healthy and vibrant growth. Continue to nurture these areas and shine light there (sunlight caught the corner of the page).
- Trees as lungs: building a strong foundation and rooting into my breath. filtering energy, breath sustains life, vital, fundamental. I need to make my breath foundation strong as well as to have awareness towards what i am inhaling and exhaling (allowing in and releasing: ideas, emotions, beliefs, experiences...).
- Night sky: infinite, expansive, possible. connected to something much larger than myself. Removing limitations and creating without bounds.
- Fire: heat in throat chakra, expression. truth, authentic voice, deep listening, creativity, seeking and sharing. Using my words (my very own, they matter) to simply share my story and to really listen to the stories of those I connect with.
>> My current favourite song is the acoustic version of Lights Meteorites: 'lately you've been breathing fire in your sleep / i feel the heat'
- Emerge a leader:- surface, come into view, transpire, guiding, setting an example, being my own personal pioneer. Moving into leadership with my voice and what I breathe life into. I've been exploring the qualities that i want to truly embody to help me grow into the type of leader that I want to be.
In beginning this creation I had no expectations of what my inner landscape would reveal or look like and the experience was incredibly insightful and powerful for connecting inward and interpreting my emotions and journey. I was provided with a 'whole' picture of myself, seeing the gaps between my conscious mind and what I present via my 'outer' landscape against what makes its home inside my body and mind. I'll be revisiting my inner landscape in 3 months time after a weekend in nature at Northern Edge Algonquin.